Sunday, January 8, 2012

what it means to be a shoe girl

[left: elizabeth and james tari | orig. $350 | purchased $68]
[right: jeffrey campbell so much | orig. $140 | purchased $45]

So my new years' resolution is going generally well with one caveat: shoes.  For every girl, there is that one thing she loves most and can't live without - be it floral spring dresses, fine leather handbags, crisp blouses, so on and so forth.  For me, it's shoes with personality.  Despite the over 50 pairs of shoes I own, I do not have one pair of leg-lengthening nude pumps, classic sky-high black stilettos, or even wear-with-everything knee-high flat black boots.  I don't believe in buying basics for the purpose that they're versatile pieces to wear with everything.  Because what's the fun in that?  If style is a form of expression, then that white v-neck shirt you've paired with those medium wash bootcut jeans and black heels tell me you're one hell of a boring girl.  So more power to the Olsen twins who may make one too many style faux-pas but are at least never boring a la Lauren Conrad.  Sorry LC - just my two cents.  But back to shoes.  I like keeping the clothes simple and predictable to myself - flattering, nothing too crazy, slightly whimsical.  The shoes are where I like to tell the story.  It can be an indication of how i feel, where i want to go, what i'm dreaming about, and the list goes on.  That's the reason I can live with an adequate supply of clothes and other accessories, but the want for more shoes - more representations of myself - never ceases.

This year will be a year of finding myself - a small part of it getting closer to finding my style.  I hope to use this blog as an outlet to keep track of my wants, likes, thoughts, and progress.  Tripod investment coming up - which should make outfit shots a lot easier.  No more needing another person to be around when I've got an amazing outfit on.  Any recommendations for tripods that are particularly flattering to double chins?

Time to eat a really unhealthy dinner.  Healthy lifestyle plans not going so well.  May come back later with some things I've been lusting after lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment