Thursday, June 2, 2011

feeling demure

So, I've come to accept that I'm indeed sick.  I always go through this day or two of denial hoping it'll go away by itself but nope - only gotten worse.  So what do I do when I'm stuck in my room with tea and soup and korean soap operas?  Put on pretty clothes and take photos.

I've been looking for the perfect two-tier pleated dress since I saw Carrie's Halston Heritage one in SATC 2.  I really try hard not to covet things because a celebrity wore them because I think it becomes popular for the wrong reasons if that makes sense - but this dress is an exception.  I think I'd love it regardless of whether or not it's famous.  I found this perfect gold one with a sheer racerback cutout from H&M when I went to New York this past weekend.  I wanted to wear it to my last dinner in Jersey with friends but I couldn't find a bra to go with it.  Solution?  No bra.  Okay, maybe a little TMI.




[dress | h&m | $35] [shoes | bass | $25]

Interesting story about this origami daffodil.  A very good friend, knowing my favorite flower is the daffodil, made it for me as part of an apology package after a fight.  I wonder if he would have done it had he known that we would stop talking forever only a few months later.  There is something beautifully sad about this daffodil.  I miss him a lot.  

1 comment:

  1. i was totally gonna recommend this dress to you! yayyyyyy. oh and try these:

    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265482139500&c=Page&cid=1304338666470&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true

    i wore them at senior gala. i have a friend who wears the the NuBra and swears by it. She's a D-cup for reference:

    http://www.amazon.com/Nubra-Seamless-Super-Light-Adhesive/dp/B001YVS17I

    FEEL BETTER PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete