Tuesday, January 18, 2011

styling class: week 1, post 2

I often find myself absolutely hating something one month and loving it the next and vice versa.  This habit of mine isn't too friendly to my wallet or my limited closet space.  Case in point: harem pants.  When I first saw them, I thought what are these drop-crotch monstrosities?  But over time, I started to appreciate them more and can actually say I like them - if worn right.
rebecca lien of fashion infusion
rosanna aranaz of lmdu
So with trends like these that are oh-so-popular one minute, a bit passe the next, and hideous a season later, I'm starting to ask myself what are some things that I'll like for a long time?  I'm sure I'll be working on this list for the next ten years, but for starters:

1. A-line and Circle Mini Skirts and Dresses
karla derass of karla's closet

For a 5'3" girl like me, mini skirts are almost a must-have to create the illusion of not having really short legs.  I love the A-line/circle shape because it creates nice curves/proportions without looking like a stripper. :P

2. Thigh-High Socks
jung so min

I just got into this trend, but I can't imagine parting with it anytime soon.  It's so playful, feminine, and subtle - almost everything I like in a piece of clothing/accessory.  I just wish I started wearing them sooner.

3. Heels, Heels - All Types of Heels
swallow print maryjanes by miumiu

For a girl that 95% of the time wants to be taller, heels are my best friend.  I own about 30 pairs of them but am constantly on the lookout for more.  Unless I magically become 5'11" one day, I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing these for the rest of my life.  Even then, I'd still rock them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment