Saturday, February 19, 2011

styling class: week 6, post 1

This post is actually a bit late.  A week or two back, we were discussing the three different types of definable styles in class and there was this one classic minimalism look that I really want to try.  Being a huge girly girl myself, I haven't quite gotten into the whole menswear trend that seems to be all the rage lately or rather, starting a while back.  Nevertheless, I tried to give the look a try.
In retrospect, I wish I hadn't chickened out the last minute with the white miniskirt and gone with my original plan of black harem pants.  Sigh, next time.  Also, ignore how angry I look in these pictures.  Me trying to look fierce model cool = fail.
[white button-down | kohl's | borrowed from mom] [black striped tie | borrowed from dad] [black boyfriend vest | ny & company | $10.00] [white jersey mini skirt | h&m | gift from jen] [black faux suede wedge ankle boots | forever 21 | $34.80]
I got these boots over the summer but these are actually my first time wearing them since I keep most of my favorite clothes, shoes, and accessories in my home closet.  It just makes me sad seeing my shoes ruined by the nasty grove at Rice.  I believe they're Jeffrey Campbell knockoffs and I couldn't help but want a pair myself after I saw the originals on several of my favorite blogs.

Verdict: I like the menswear trend, the minimalist look - just maybe not on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment