Saturday, February 19, 2011

styling class: week 6, post 2

For the optional assignment this week, we had to wear something that could be classified as indefinable.  I'm not sure my style can quite be classified as eclectic  - since I can usually pinpoint what style influences I'm drawing from.  As for street style, I'm not exactly sure I fall within a particular "norm" for street style either.  And I'm certainly not high fashion.  But with all that said, there are definitely certain days that I feel like pulling off all three - and have the confidence I can.  Most of the time though, I stick to a classic, flirty (although I hate that word) silhouette with whimsical touches.
Although I hate to admit it - this is my typical uniform of sorts.  A shirt tucked into a circle/a-line miniskirt.  It's really boring, but it's the one thing that I find to work consistently with my body shape and fit with my girly girl personality.  Recently though, I've really gotten into the socks with heels trend, so little touches like these make me less frustrated with my lack of creativity when putting together an outfit.
[white chiffon embroidered shirt | Ann Taylor LOFT | $4.00] [black chiffon miniskirt | Express | $10.00] [White face socks| Betsey Johnson | Gift from Eva] [Black Polkadot Maryjane Heels | Forever 21 | $25.80]
Suddenly I decided to go all Korean catalogue cute and stick my tongue out.  Sometimes I don't understand what I'm doing when posing for photos.  Scratch that - most if not all the time.
I love these socks, I literally squealed when I received them.  Mucho gracias, Eva, if you're reading this.  I also adore these shoes - also first time wearing them in public since buying them last semester.  They're 5.5" heels, and as much as I'm a pro heel-wearer...these are really difficult to walk in.  Must practice some more.  It doesn't help that they're slightly big either. =/
[white & black snake bangle | Ebay | $3.50] [oui ring | Charlotte Russe | free with coupon] [gold knuckle ring | forever 21 | $5.80] [cupcake ring | ASOS | $4.00]
I love my accessories - and thought that these few would be a cute and fun touch to the outfit. :)

1 comment: