Friday, March 4, 2011

styling class: week 7, post 3

Got to love spring break and all the time for prancing around in new outfits.  I've been dying to take my new Vivienne Westwood + melissa knockoffs for some fresh air.  Usually matching colors or at least not mistakenly clashing colors factors in at some point of my outfit choice.  So when I've got baby pink and lilac shoes to match - finding the right outfit becomes a little bit more difficult.  I decided to keep it simple the first time around, with a black lace dress.  Just the dress and shoes made me feel a bit naked, so I added a headscarf.  I've become more fond of these recently - maybe the fact that the trend is fading and that I'm less afraid of looking like a kid.




[pink polkadot scarf | ebay | $1.00] [black lace dress | asos | $26.00] [pink/purple heart sandals | ebay | $26.00]

I bought this black dress off of asos last spring - my first purchase from asos, actually.  I was planning on wearing it to a formal event with some black heels, but I've also been itching to wear it in a less casual setting. Maybe with some black combat boots and utility jacket next time.  As for these shoes, I have a nice pair of pink pants and a mint belt I'm looking to wear with them next time.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment