Friday, March 4, 2011

styling class: week 7, post 4

I decided to give this menswear trend a second try.  Only less minimalistic this time.  And more boyish than manly.  I've been really getting into ties/bowties/cool things around the neck with button-down shirt buttoned up all the way.  It has a really classy-cute vibe to it, and also very crisp and clean but not boring.  I pulled out these suspender burlap shorts I ordered from Yesstyle.  It's definitely one of the more unique pieces in my closet, but I tend to wear them without the suspenders most of the time, to keep from looking to costumey.

[striped button-down | 5-7-9 | $5.00] [black bow tie | Wet Seal | sash from dress] [suspender burlap shorts | Yesstyle | $12.00] [Croc-print beige booties | Christian Siriano for Payless | $20.00]



There were these ducks (?) by our house since we have a small river behind our backyard area.  I told my sister to get a shot of them too. :) I'm definitely going to try this buttoned-up shirt look a lot more from now on.  So work-appropriate too!

No comments:

Post a Comment