Friday, March 25, 2011

styling class: week 9, post 2

One of the trends I've been seeing on the runway has been the 70s-influenced maxi-skirt and neo-tribalism print infusion.


It's hard not to be jealous of these leggy models sometimes as they can seemingly pull off anything.  I guess that's why they're models a.k.a. human clothes hangers.  I've been hesitant to try to the same on my much more voluptuous and petite frame.  Nevertheless, here we go!  (Also influenced by some elements of this look  created for the LNY show last week).







[sheer bamboo print shirt | ny & company | $6] [black maxi dress | f21 | $14] [china print scarf | china | gift from grandma] [black clogs | urban og | $24] [elephant bangle | f21 | $6] [green/yellow bangle | ebay | $2] [eagle bangle | ebay | $2] [gold dimple knuckle ring | f21 | $6] [gold jeweled knuckle ring | f21 | $6] [turquoise ring | ebay | $1] [gold leaf earring | ebay | $2] [gray sunglasses | urban outfitters | $5]


Verdict: I like this look, but am not really comfortable wearing this around people.  I think part of it has to do with a few too many accessories and the not exactly matching or clashing prints of the shirt and turban.  I think I'm going to do another try with this ensemble sometime.  Switch up the actual elements, but keep the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment