Monday, April 4, 2011

styling class: week 11, post 3

This post is mainly for Deanne - my proposal for the final project.  But for the rest of you who read this blog, this will be a series of photos of me in a editorial-like shoot to be posted in several weeks.

As detailed in my previous posts, I've been struggling a lot with my current style, so I was thinking of doing a shoot to revisit my style in the past and how I want to dress in the future - when I've reached a certain age and maturity.  It's less of - "this is how I dress when I'm 5, 10,15, 17, 25, 40, 70" but more of themes I revisit or ponder when I dress myself.  The series of photos incorporates many different styles, but hopefully some sort of consistency will be revealed in the clothing and accessories I choose.

The photoshoot will take place on a playground, and will be a series of 7 shots:

Shot 1: Phebe at 5 (on the bottom of the slide)
I will be wearing some of the ridiculously cute items in my closet, that I still pick up at the store because I can't resist looking like a baby sometimes.

Shot 2: Phebe at 10 (being badass and climbing the bars)
I was a huge tomboy in elementary school, playing soccer and hockey with the boys, etc.  I'm planning on wearing some more rugged, less structured items in my closet.

Shot 3: Phebe at 15 (on top of a "playhouse" roof)
I was never really the angsty teenager in how I dressed - but I definitely went through that phase.  This shoot will incorporate mostly dark neutrals, heavier makeup and accessories.

Shot 4: Phebe at 17 (twirling in grass field)
I had my first love at 17.  I ditched my jeans for dresses and heels, but lost even more of who I was for this guy.  This shoot will embody the feeling of innocence.  Lots of light colors and chiffon.

Shot 5: Phebe at 25 (Standing on a bridge)
I still dream that one day I will become a powerful careerwoman.  This shot should convey power, confidence, and be styled sort of like the asian "OL" style.

Shot 6: Phebe at 40 (leaning against the sliding pole)
I want to be a cool middle-aged woman like Anna Dello Russo and Carine Roitfeld.  This will be a sophisticated, somewhat minimalistic, lots of draping look.

Shot 7: Phebe at 70 (sitting on a bench swing)
I am going to be one of those stylish grandmas on advanced style.  I'm thinking a conservative, neo-bohemian take on this one, to be dressed younger than my age - but not in a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment