Tuesday, April 19, 2011

styling class: week 13, post 1

So I kind of forgot what our assignment was supposed to be this week, since I was all caught up photographing the final.  I am excited to do the faux-pas dress up though, even though I haven't decided what to wear.  Anyway, here's for the long-awaited (yeah, right) post with a semester's worth of progress and work.

Copied directly from what I'm handing in:

Age of the Heart
By Phebe Huang

Statement of Purpose
My personal style is something I’ve long wanted to define with several words, or even better, a single work.  I wanted to fall into a category – “classic”, “girly”, “bohemian”, “edgy”, and the many more labels the fashion industry puts on looks and people.  Then the realization hit me: I’m everything.  My personal style draws from beyond magazine and blog inspirations - it is influenced by my current mood, my personal life, the people around me, and many elements past the fashion industry.  The following shoot provides insight to my various styles, most easily categorized by age.  When I dress, I become Phebe the cute 5-year old, or Phebe the rebellious 15-year old, or Phebe the sophisticated, Jackie O-like 70-year old.  It simply depends on the age of my heart on a particular day.

Concept Idea
The following shoot is a progression through various ages.  The concept of the shoot should not be interpreted as costume play of the seven ages and stages of life represented, but rather stylistic elements and influences that can be drawn from these ages.  Seven frames are used to depict the progression.  Cute and whimsical at 5, casual masculinity at 10, edgy and grungy at 15, romantic and girly at 17, powerful and clean at 25, relaxed minimalism at 40, and sophisticated bohemian at 70.

Location
Local Playground in the Sendera neighborhood in Katy, TX.

Photographer
Dora Huang










Clothing and Accessories 

[At 5]
Hat: Claire’s
Shirt: No Brand, China
Green Skirt: Charlotte Russe
Brown Skirt: Mandee’s
Socks: No Brand
Shoes: No Brand, Ebay

[At 10]
Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Vest: Charlotte Russe
Pants: Charlotte Russe
Boots: 59 Seconds

[At 15]
Shirt: 5-7-9
Tank: Charlotte Russe
Skirt: Rainbow
Tights: Silence & Noise
Boots: Dolce Vita for Target

[At 17]
Dress: tfnc London
Socks: Aldo
Shoes: Mudd
  
[At 25]
Shirt: Mandee’s
Bow Tie: No Brand
Pants: ASOS
Shoes: Fioni
Clutch: xhilaration

[At 40]
Shirt: NY&Company
Pin: NY&Company
Pants: Papaya
Shoes: Forever 21

[At 70]
Trench: NY&Company
Pashmina: D&G
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Eagle Bangle: No Brand, Ebay
Jeweled Bracelet: Forever 21
Elephant Bangle: Forever 21
Shoes: Dexter

2 comments:

  1. I love your white dress !!




    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG
    Feel free to follow if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo series is awesome! I'm getting a very "Jackie O" vibe from the headscarf and sunglasses in the last photo. My favorite might be the "powerful and clean at 25" but I like the grungy look as well...

    ReplyDelete