Monday, April 11, 2011

styling class: week 12, post 1

This past week we talked about one of my favorite things about fashion and personal style - mixing and matching colors and patterns!  A part of our assignment was to consider how to incorporate color into our wardrobe by starting off with our favorite color.  Mine is white, and lucky for me - the all-white trend is so very hot for the summer.  I think I'll be doing that a lot.  Must get more white in my wardrobe.  I didn't get a chance to take many outfit photos this week since my focus has been on the final project, but mixing colors and patterns is definitely an element in at least several shots.  For example, as a preview, the following photo (though you can't see very well) mixes beige floral socks with gold brocade floral sandals.  I'm really getting into similar color and pattern mixing.  The non-matchy matchy of the matchy matchy is what appeals to me, if that makes sense.
[dress | tfnc london | $33.00] [socks | aldo | gift from eva] [floral brocade sandals | ebay | $8.50]

No comments:

Post a Comment