Friday, April 29, 2011

styling class: zach's final shoot

The other day, after I officially finished all undergrad work, I helped my friend Zach shoot his final.  I am so fortunate to find a chick flick, fairytale loving friend in Zach - and that was the inspiration of the shoot.  The idea of the shoot was a modern-day fairytale, inspired by those Taylor Swift music videos and cute Asian soap operas.  Many thanks to our friend Kelle for being such a wonderful model, and bearing with the 5 outfit changes amidst her busy final schedule.

Guy meets girl, he falls head over heels and tries to start conversation by the book she is reading.  What a dork - but a very well matched one at that.  The red in her shoes and belt play off of his tie and socks.
Girl left book behind, guy returns the book as an excuse to talk to her.  Tries to impress with a semi-dressy shirt and casual jeans, her pink top complements his shirt and hints at the romance about to happen.
Guy and girl start dating, she reads their book to him.  A very casual, but light shot, with her light blue sweater top and his white shirt indicating the simplicity and innocence of their relationship.
Guy and girl in relationship, they read the book together.  Brown and gray neutral elements used in this shot.
Guy proposes to girl with ring box in book, using a light summer white as the theme for the end to this fairytale.

So much fun to shoot.  I'm going to miss this, but look forward to more outfit shots over the summer as I enlist my poor sister to be my outfit-of-the-day photographer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment